Critical Appraisal for MRCPsych Paper B
Superego Cafe has an international reputation for outstanding and award-winning training in critical appraisal skills. In September 2016 we are again running our popular MCQ-based revision course for MRCPsych Paper B. Learn everything you need for the critical appraisal questions in Paper B in one intensive weekend shortly before the exam date. Critical appraisal questions make up one third of the final mark - and we intend to ensure you will get all these marks without any more revision.
Next course: Unavailable
Venue: Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC
Timing: 9.00am - 6.00pm
Course fee: £TBA
Course fee includes
- Comprehensive handouts (2 volumes, 2nd edition, 2016)
- The Doctor's Guide to Critical Appraisal (4th edition, February 2015)
- Calculator and pen
- CPD certificate (12 hours)
- Regular refreshments and lunch
- Hotel car parking
- The course fee includes instant access to a critical appraisal online course which comprises of 27 multimedia modules on critical appraisal from first principles
Understand critical appraisal to pass Paper B
Before the course we will give you access to the Critical Appraisal Online Course and
send you a copy of The Doctor's Guide to Critical Appraisal (4th edition, 2015).
At the course you will answer hundreds of MCQs and EMIs and cover the entire critical review curriculum.
This is an interactive and comprehensive course like no other.
Due to the workshop nature of this event, delegate numbers are limited.
0915 Session 1
1030 Refreshment break
1100 Session 2
1330 Session 3
1600 Refreshment break
1615 Session 4
0900 Session 5
1030 Refreshment break
1100 Session 6
1330 Session 7
1500 Refreshment break
1515 Session 8
Agenda may change without notice.
Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC
Birmingham B40 1PS
Hotel front desk:44-871-9429160
Local time zone: GMT+0
From the M42 take the exit off at junction 6. From the roundabout follow the directions for the NEC. Take the second exit on the left, South Way. Follow the route for approximately 50 metres. The entrance of the hotel is located on your right-hand side. Day car parking is complimentary for course delegates using the hotel car park.
Birmingham International train station is 1 mile from the venue. A complimentary shuttle service is available from the station between 0600GMT and 2200GMT, subject to availability. Contact the hotel for details.
The venue is 1.5 miles from Birmingham International Airport (BHX). A complimentary shuttle service is available. Contact the hotel for details.
The meeting facilities are situated on ground floor, fully accessible. Lift to lower ground floor, in order to access Oasis Suite and Pendigo Restaurant
Limited places available! Don't miss out!
Terms and conditions
This website is owned and operated by Superego Cafe Ltd (UK). All the content on the website is the property of Superego Cafe Ltd and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Superego Cafe Ltd reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
The situation may arise where you cannot attend a course you have paid for. Please notify us as soon as possible by email or post. The refund amount will be based on the first condition that applies to you from the list below. In all cases, if we have posted The Doctor's Guide to Critical Appraisal book to you, you must return the book to us in 'as new' condition. Alternatively you may choose to keep the book for a £30 charge.
1. For EU customers only: Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of a place on a course within a period of 7 working days from the application date (a 'cooling off' period) and receive a full refund. However, we regret that we cannot accept a cancellation of contract if you have accessed any online materials or you cancel a place less than 28 days before the course as conference costs will have been incurred on your behalf.
2. If you cancel a course reservation you made up to 28 days ago, we will refund your course fee minus a £50 cancellation charge providing you notified us at least 28 days before the course date.
3. If you cancel a course reservation you made more than 28 days ago, we will refund your course fee minus a £100 cancellation charge providing you notified us at least 28 days before the course date.
4. If you cancel a place less than 28 days before the course date, no refund will be given.
5. If you miss the course or only attend a part of it, no refund will be given.
Your course reservation gives you access to online resources which can be downloaded or streamed to your computer. Superego Cafe keeps a permanent log of computer IP addresses and account holders accessing the online materials. Any attempt to distribute, copy or reproduce these materials or website by any individual or organisation, whether for monetary gain or not, is copyright infringement. You are granted a non-transferable licence to download documents and keep one printed copy for your own private use.
Your username and password are for your own private use. If our security software detects that your log-in details are being shared, your account will be automatically locked and you will be denied access until your account is reviewed by our technical support team. We reserve the right to charge you for shared accounts, to cancel your purchase without a refund and to claim financial compensation from you.
You may use the course materials provided at the classroom course event for your own personal non-commercial use. You are not permitted to distribute these documents to anyone else in any way.
Limitation of liability
In the unlikely event that an event is postponed or cancelled, the liability of Superego Cafe shall be limited to a full refund of the fee paid for that particular event.
Superego Cafe Ltd makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, availability, suitability, quality or operation of any content, product or service provided on or accessible from the webite.
Not a psychiatrist? We cater for you too!